The OxyGuard Atlantic is an accurate, reliable and easy to use oxygen meter with features ideal for use in aquaculture facilities such as shrimp farms, carp farms and other installations with individual, large ponds. It measures both dissolved oxygen andtemperature, and has 4 relay outputs. The dissolved oxygen measurement is compensated for atmospheric pressure, which permits accurate control of aerators.
The user can link setpoints to parameters as desired. Setpoints can then be linked to output relays. It is also possible to link setpoints together. This permits, for example, an aerator to be started both from a DO setpoint and a temperature set point.
- Easy set-up
- Dissolved oxygen and temperature
- Can control aerators, stirrers etc
- Atmospheric pressure compensation
- Analogue output
- Accurate, reliable probe
- Automatic self-check
- Automatic probe check
- Easy and inexpensive probe service
- Long probe service intervals
- 4 relay outputs
- 8 set points
- 8 timers
- Alarm buzzer
- Logical linking
- Anti-fouling cap available.
Atlantic has a barometric pressure sensor, and the probe incorporates a temperature sensor. This gives you correct values of dissolved oxygen in both mg/l and % saturation. And, of course, you don't need a separate temperature measurement.
With four relay outputs and 8 set points. There will always be at least one relay output that can be used to give alarm if the oxygen level goes too low or the temperature too high. And since Atlantic measures both parameters and has logical linking you only need to use one relay.
Atlantic also has 8 timers that can be used for a number of purposes. For example, alarm can be delayed so that only a sustained fault results in alarm being given.
Aerator control saves energy
You can save energy by letting Atlantic control your aerators automatically. They will then only run when more oxygen is needed. If you also use aerators for temperature control you can logically link a temperature setpoint and a DO setpoint so that the aerator will run if the DO is too low or if the temperature is too high.
Water circulation control
This can also save energy by ensuring that temperature control is only carried out when needed. Atlantic can, for example, turn propellors on to mix warm surface water with cooler water at depth.
Link aeration and circulation - Atlantic can easily control both!
If surface DO levels are very high - above 100% saturation, then it makes sense to start circulation propellors to send some of this oxygen rich water to lower levels. Starting aerators would only blow the excess oxygen away. On the other hand, if DO levels are under 100% then aeration is sensible.
Atlantic can control both propellors and aerators. For example by aerating to high DO levels when the water is cool and the DO less than 100% sat, then maintaining circulation when the water warms and the oxygen level is pushed over 100%.
- Specifications for Atlantic Transmitter
- Construction: ABS enclosure with display, indicators, pushbuttons and alarm buzzer.
- Dimensions & weight: b x h x d: 213 x 185 x 95 mm, 1.2 kg.
- Supply & consumption: 230 VAC, 115 VAC +/-10% or 9 to 36VDC. 10 W. Specify when ordering.
- Operating conditions: -10 to +50°C. Max. 90% humidity non-condensing. Enclosure IP65.
- Storage conditions: -10 to +60°. Max. 90% humidity non-condensing.
- Measurement inputs: From probe: mV oxygen signal, resistance temperature signal. Scaleable ranges.
- Compensation input: 4-20 mA. Scaleable. Max voltage drop 5V at 20 mA.
- Parameters: mg/l (ppm); % sat; % vol; mbar O2, temperature. Can be scaled and linked.
- Analogue output: 4-20 mA. Max. load 820 ohm (total). User selectable range & parameter. Fully galvanically isolated from all inputs.
- Display: Graphical LCD with backlight. Max 4 figures, 2 decimals, 13 mm height.
- Conversion accuracy: To display and analogue output < +/- 0.1%. Non-linearity and repeatability typically < +/- 0.1% of actual value.
- Relay outputs: 4, with potential free changeover (SPDT) contacts. Selectable mode (direct or inverted), and linking to parameter or logical argument. Max load 200VA or 1A AC, recommended max 24 VAC (abs. max 250 VAC). 2A at 24 VDC.
- Logical functions: Direct, inverted, multiply. With "and" and "not and" linking.
- Alarms: 8, variable hysteresis about set point. Selectable parameter, values & linking.
- Timers: 8, from 1 second to 999999 seconds (11 days). Selectable period, duty cycle and offset. Can activate or be activated by alarm. Can freeze the output. Can activate relays. Can be reset from front panel.
Specifications for OxyGuard Probe
- Measurement principle: Oxygen: Galvanic oxygen partial pressure cell, self polarising, self temperature compensating. Temperature: Precision NTC
- Dimensions: Diameter = 58 mm, length = 59 mm.
- Weight: Probe alone 0.2 kg. Probe with 7m cable 0.5 kg.
- Connections: Cable, 4 lead, standard cable length = 7 m.
- Measurement range: 0 to 20 mg/l (ppm)/ 0 to 200 % sat, higher on request. Temp. from -5°C.
- Accuracy: Depends on calibration and conditions. Typical better than +/-1% of value.
- Output stability: In air at constant temperature stable to within +/- 1% over 1 year.
- Accuracy, temperature: +/- 0,3°C.
- Operating conditions: 0 to 40°C, pressure to 2 bar. Higher on request.
- Storage temperature: -5 to +60°C.